Week 5 Fantasy Football Rankings: Flex
It’s Wednesday, and that means it’s time to break out the fantasy football flex rankings for Week 5 of the 2023 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season. These are not suggestions for who to start in your flex spots.
This list is our initial rankings, but rankings will change a lot throughout the week. This post will not be updated, so if you want all the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page. Promo code “RATPACK” gets you a discount on any FTN subscription.
Week 5 Flex Rankings (2023) – Top 100
1. Christian McCaffrey (RB1) vs. DAL – This is a tough matchup for McCaffrey, and you know what? It doesn’t matter. We’re witnessing greatness.
2. Tyreek Hill (WR1) vs. NYG – The Bills bottled up Hill and the Dolphins passing game last week, but he gets back on track in a favorable matchup against the Giants.
3. Justin Jefferson (WR2) vs. KC – Jefferson needs just 29 yards to pass Randy Moss for the second-most receiving yards through a player’s first four seasons in NFL history.
4. Stefon Diggs (WR3) vs. JAC – He put up three scores last week and continues to have one of the highest weekly ceilings in fantasy football.
5. Bijan Robinson (RB2) vs. HOU – He’s one of just six running backs with over 300 rushing yards entering the week and gets a fantastic matchup against the Texans run defense.
6. Davante Adams (WR4) vs. GB – Can you say “revenge game”?
8. Travis Kelce (TE1) at MIN – Kelce continues to produce. He enters the week leading all tight ends in fantasy points per game.
9. A.J. Brown (WR6) at LAR – Brown exploded last week and will continue to roll against the Rams.
10. Josh Jacobs (RB3) vs. GB – We finally saw signs of life out of Jacobs last week. He’s touched the ball 80 times on the season, which ranks fourth in the league.
11. Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR7) vs. CAR – If last week was St. Brown’s floor, I’ll take it.
13. Derrick Henry (RB5) at IND – Henry looked like his vintage self last week and gets a favorable matchup in this one.
14. Travis Etienne (RB6) at BUF – Only McCaffrey and Pollard have touched the ball more than Etienne (83) this season.
15. CeeDee Lamb (WR8) at SF – Don’t worry about last week’s line for Lamb, as he didn’t play in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys blowing out New England.
16. Brian Robinson (RB7) vs. CHI – Yep, Robinson is set up for an extremely favorable matchup against the Bears Thursday night.
17. Joe Mixon (RB8) at ARI – The Cardinals allow the third-most fantasy points per game to opposing running backs this season.
18. De'Von Achane (RB9) vs. NYG – The genie is out of the bottle with Achane. He’s now a top-10 fantasy option.
19. D'Andre Swift (RB10) at LAR – Over the last three weeks, only Christian McCaffrey, De'Von Achane, Raheem Mostert, Kyren Williams and Kenneth Walker have scored more fantasy points among running backs.
20. Kyren Williams (RB11) vs. PHI – Speaking of Williams, he’s the unquestioned feature back in Los Angeles, but this isn’t the easiest matchup.
21. Saquon Barkley (RB12) at MIA – Barkley managed to get limited work in at practice last week and could be back on the field for Week 5. We’ll adjust his ranking throughout the week.
23. Alvin Kamara (RB13) at NE – Kamara returned from suspension and played 76% of the Saints offensive snaps, racking up 23 touches in the process.
24. Aaron Jones (RB14) at LV – Jones has a fairly wide ceiling/floor combination, but he remains in the fringe RB1 conversation.
25. Deebo Samuel (WR10) vs. DAL – I know. He didn’t do anything last week, but Samuel figures to be busy in what should be a much closer game.
26. James Cook (RB15) vs. JAC
27. David Montgomery (RB16) vs. CAR
28. Brandon Aiyuk (WR11) vs. DAL
29. Isiah Pacheco (RB17) at MIN
30. Rhamondre Stevenson (RB18) vs. NO
31. Raheem Mostert (RB19) vs. NYG
32. Jaylen Waddle (WR12) vs. NYG
33. Breece Hall (RB20) at DEN
34. DeVonta Smith (WR13) at LAR
35. Chris Olave (WR14) at NE
37. Alexander Mattison (RB21) vs. KC
38. Michael Pittman (WR16) vs. TEN
39. James Conner (RB22) vs. CIN
40. Zay Flowers (WR17) at PIT
41. Jahmyr Gibbs (RB23) vs. CAR
42. Dameon Pierce (RB24) at ATL
43. Khalil Herbert (RB25) at WAS
44. Calvin Ridley (WR18) at BUF – Three lackluster performances in a row have Ridley trending down in rankings.
45. Miles Sanders (RB26) at DET
46. DJ Moore (WR19) at WAS
47. Terry McLaurin (WR20) vs. CHI
48. Nico Collins (WR21) at ATL
49. Tutu Atwell (WR22) vs. PHI
50. Najee Harris (RB27) vs. BAL
51. Marquise Brown (WR23) vs. CIN
52. T.J. Hockenson (TE2) vs. KC
53. Christian Kirk (WR24) at BUF
54. DeAndre Hopkins (WR25) at IND
56. George Pickens (WR26) vs. BAL
57. Tank Dell (WR27) at ATL
58. Gabe Davis (WR28) vs. JAC
59. Courtland Sutton (WR29) vs. NYJ
60. Jerry Jeudy (WR30) vs. NYJ
61. Mark Andrews (TE3) at PIT
62. Christian Watson (WR31) at LV
63. Jakobi Meyers (WR32) vs. GB
64. Adam Thielen (WR33) at DET
66. Jordan Addison (WR35) vs. KC
67. Sam LaPorta (TE4) vs. CAR
68. Jahan Dotson (WR36) vs. CHI
69. Michael Thomas (WR37) at NE
70. Darren Waller (TE5) at MIA
71. Gus Edwards (RB29) at PIT
72. Drake London (WR38) vs. HOU
73. Evan Engram (TE6) at BUF
74. Tee Higgins (WR39)
75. George Kittle (TE7) vs. DAL
76. Robert Woods (WR40) at ATL
78. Tyler Allgeier (RB30) vs. HOU
79. Jayden Reed (WR42) at LV
80. Jaylen Warren (RB31) vs. BAL
81. AJ Dillon (RB32) at LV
82. Josh Downs (WR43) vs. TEN
83. Brandin Cooks (WR44) at SF
84. Tyler Higbee (TE8) vs. PHI
85. Dallas Goedert (TE9) at LAR
86. Kyle Pitts (TE10) vs. HOU
87. Jake Ferguson (TE11) at SF
88. Rashid Shaheed (WR45) at NE
89. Rashee Rice (WR46) at MIN
90. Curtis Samuel (WR47) vs. CHI
91. Kendrick Bourne (WR48) vs. NO
92. K.J. Osborn (WR49) vs. KC
93. Dalton Kincaid (TE12) vs. JAC
94. Jaleel McLaughlin (RB33) vs. NYJ
95. Skyy Moore (WR50) at MIN
96. Calvin Austin (WR51) vs. BAL
97. Michael Wilson (WR52) vs. CIN
98. DeVante Parker (WR53) vs. NO
99. Zach Ertz (TE13) vs. CIN
100. Josh Reynolds (WR54) vs. CAR