Week 2 Fantasy Football Rankings: Flex
It’s Wednesday, and that means it’s time to break out the fantasy football flex rankings for Week 2 of the 2023 NFL season. If you’re new to the concept of flex rankings, these are simply the combined overall rankings for running back, wide receiver, and tight end for each week during the fantasy football season. These are not suggestions for who to start in your flex spots.
This list is our initial rankings, but rankings will change a lot throughout the week. This post will not be updates, so if you want all the latest updates, then be sure to check our staff rankings page. Promo code “RATPACK” gets you a discount on any FTN subscription.
Week 2 Flex Rankings (2023) – Top 100
1. Christian McCaffrey (RB1) at LAR – He was as-advertised last week and is locked in as an elite fantasy option.
2. Tyreek Hill (WR1) at NE – Hill has the highest weekly ceiling of any player in fantasy football.
3. Justin Jefferson (WR2) at PHI – This isn’t an easy matchup for Jefferson, but he’s locked in as a top-shelf play until further notice.
6. Saquon Barkley (RB2) at ARI – It was a rough start for the Giants offense, but this is a much more favorable matchup.
7. Derrick Henry (RB3) vs. LAC – He saw 18 touches last week and will get another big workload against a suspect Chargers defense.
8. Nick Chubb (RB4) at PIT – Chubb didn’t have to do much last week in a runaway win against the Bengals, but he still managed to top 100 yards on the ground.
9. Stefon Diggs (WR5) vs. LV – Diggs posted double-digit catches against the Jets last week and gets a much softer matchup in Week 2.
10. Austin Ekeler (RB5) at TEN – An ankle injury could impact Ekeler’s Week 2 status. Stay tuned.
12. A.J. Brown (WR6) vs. MIN – Brown gets a favorable spot Thursday night against a suspect Vikings secondary.
13. Tony Pollard (RB7) vs. NYJ – This isn’t an easy matchup for Pollard, but he should see ample work.
14. Josh Jacobs (RB8) at BUF – Jacobs got off to a slow start, but he remains an RB1 play thanks to heavy volume.
15. Travis Etienne (RB9) vs. KC – He looked great in Week 1 and offers a high ceiling in one of the week’s highest-projected games.
17. CeeDee Lamb (WR8) vs. NYJ – The Cowboys didn’t need to throw the ball last week, so don’t be too concerned by Lamb’s box score.
18. Joe Mixon (RB10) vs. BAL – Mixon struggled like the rest of the Bengals offense last week, but his heavy workload bodes well for a bounce back.
20. Travis Kelce (TE1) at JAC – Fingers crossed that he returns this week.
21. Calvin Ridley (WR9) vs. KC – Ridley exploded in Week 1 and should be a big fantasy factor in what looks to be a shootout between the Jags and Chiefs.
22. Kenneth Walker (RB12) at DET – Seattle looked flat last week, but Walker ran hard. He also gets a favorable matchup.
23. David Montgomery (RB13) vs. SEA – The Rams running backs scored three rushing touchdowns against Seattle last week.
25. Keenan Allen (WR10) at TEN – Look for the Chargers passing game to bounce back against a Titans defense that allowed over 300 passing yards last week.
26. DeVonta Smith (WR11) vs. MIN
27. Jahmyr Gibbs (RB15) vs. SEA
28. Alexander Mattison (RB16) at PHI
29. Miles Sanders (RB17) vs. NO
30. James Cook (RB18) vs. LV
31. Aaron Jones (RB19) at ATL – We’ll keep an eye on Jones’ status through the week and adjust accordingly.
32. James Conner (RB20) vs. NYG
33. Chris Olave (WR12) at CAR
34. Deebo Samuel (WR13) at LAR
35. Javonte Williams (RB21) vs. WAS
36. DK Metcalf (WR14) at DET
37. Jaylen Waddle (WR15) at NE
38. Tee Higgins (WR16) vs. BAL – Sure, he didn’t have a catch in Week 1, but Higgins did see a hefty eight targets.
39. DeAndre Hopkins (WR17) vs. LAC
40. Mike Evans (WR18) vs. CHI
41. Jamaal Williams (RB22) at CAR
42. Dameon Pierce (RB23) vs. IND
43. Najee Harris (RB24) vs. CLE – Yes, Harris is trending down, but don’t panic. The Steelers face two of the best defenses in the league to start the season.
44. Raheem Mostert (RB25) at NE
45. Brandon Aiyuk (WR19) at LAR
46. Garrett Wilson (WR20) at DAL
47. Isiah Pacheco (RB26) at JAC
48. Chris Godwin (WR21) vs. CHI
49. Breece Hall (RB27) at DAL
50. Amari Cooper (WR22) at PIT
51. Brian Robinson (RB28) at DEN
52. Tyler Lockett (WR23) at DET
53. Tyler Allgeier (RB29) vs. GB – He was heavily used last week, but we’re still only using Allgeier as a flex option.
54. Mike Williams (WR24) at TEN
55. Michael Pittman (WR25) at HOU
56. Kenneth Gainwell (RB30) vs. MIN
57. Zay Flowers (WR26) at CIN
58. DJ Moore (WR27) at TB
59. Samaje Perine (RB31) vs. WAS
60. Darren Waller (TE2) at ARI
61. Jahan Dotson (WR28) at DEN
62. George Pickens (WR29) vs. CLE
63. AJ Dillon (RB32) at ATL
65. Gus Edwards (RB34) at CIN
66. Puka Nacua (WR30) vs. SF – Yes, last week was awesome, but don’t underestimate the impact of this matchup on the Rams’ Week 2 outlook.
67. Zay Jones (WR31) vs. KC
68. Michael Thomas (WR32) at CAR
69. Christian Watson (WR33) at ATL
70. George Kittle (TE3) at LAR
71. Mark Andrews (TE4) at CIN
72. Justice Hill (RB35) at CIN
73. T.J. Hockenson (TE5) at PHI
74. Terry McLaurin (WR34) at DEN
75. Evan Engram (TE6) vs. KC
76. Courtland Sutton (WR35) vs. WAS
77. Gabe Davis (WR36) vs. LV
79. Kendrick Bourne (WR37) vs. MIA
80. Kyren Williams (RB36) vs. SF
81. Jakobi Meyers (WR38) at BUF
82. Christian Kirk (WR39) vs. KC
83. Drake London (WR40) vs. GB
84. Marquise Brown (WR41) vs. NYG
86. Nico Collins (WR43) vs. IND
87. Cam Akers (RB37) vs. SF
88. Brandin Cooks (WR44) vs. NYJ
89. Tutu Atwell (WR45) vs. SF
90. Elijah Moore (WR46) at PIT
91. Kyle Pitts (TE8) vs. GB
92. Deon Jackson (RB38) at HOU
93. Dalvin Cook (RB39) at DAL
94. Jordan Addison (WR47) at PHI
95. Jaylen Warren (RB40) vs. CLE
96. Sam LaPorta (TE9) vs. SEA
97. Jaxon Smith-Njigba (WR48) at DET
98. Rashid Shaheed (WR49) at CAR
99. Ezekiel Elliott (RB41) vs. MIA
100. Treylon Burks (WR50) vs. LAC